Sunday, July 3, 2011

Not another Bf-109

Yes, I'm building another 109, this time by Eduard in 1/32nd scale while I wait for the arrival of Tamiya's P-51 Mustang. With the Spitfire releases I used my contact in Japan to get me one of the first kits off the production line (no it wasn't nicked from the factory!). I had to pay a premium together with postage to get it to me but it was worth the cost. I'm not really a fan of the Mustang so I didn't worry about getting the kit asap.

I've already started on the Bf-109 kit from Eduard and it's immediately obvious it's not 'Tamiya Spitfire' quality. Keep in mind this standard is as high as you can get and will soon be superseded by the Mustang. So is the kit 'bad'? No, it's a good kit basically if we assume that Tamiya kits don't exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment